American Beer Drinker's Party

American Beer Drinker's Party
Click on this logo for gifts:

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Carton, 312 & Politics

It's been a while now and a good deal has been consumed for your reading pleasure. I have had a few good things come about. First is the growing love of Carton Brewing in Atlantic Highlands, NJ. It is only 3 miles door-to-door from my home. Their 077XX is an awesome, hoppy, aromatic, malty Double IPA. It is bold and refreshing. They have many other Beers, Ales & Lagers...Boat Beer...delicious. So, if you are at a bar and see a tap that looks like a stack of boxes, try some Carton Brewing. http://cartonbrewing.com/#!/077xx

Next, I have discovered many new brews on tap all over the Highlands, NJ strip. One brew I found particularly tasty, came out of a tap shaped like an old style telephone cradle. From Chicago, 312 Urban Wheat tops my pick for an English style Summer Ale. It is fruity, light & refreshing. Great with the Baked Flounder I had paired it with. http://www.gooseisland.com/pages/312_urban_wheat/16.php

In politics, I am really starting to not care about GOP or Democrats fighting over whose ball it is and that you can’t play with it, I’m going home! [STOMP! STOMP! STOMP!] Maybe it is time we vote for someone like Jon Stewart. Watch some actual news. It is really disheartening that the only news I trust these days is on Comedy Central.

No comments:

Post a Comment